It's springtime! Time to get out of the house and enjoy your downtown Sarnia and what better time than during the April 6th First Friday. Most shops are open until 9:00 p.m. and may have events not posted here. After 6:00 p.m. parking is free in all the lots and there are no time restrictions on the street parking spots.
1. Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery - Scavenger hunt at the JNAAG. Try to find Kate Wilson's hidden drawings, found all around the gallery, and you could win a membership. Draws for memberships will happen at 7, 8, and 9. Good Luck!
2. Coffee Culture - singer/songwriter Jenn Kees - 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
3. Cheeky Monkey -Live music 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. with The Casuals + Pathfinders selling Girl Guide Cookies + Paintings by Bill Walters
4. Artopia - "DANCING HOOKS" Rug hooking group. A night of independent rug hookers, experienced and new, who meet to learn, practice and teach traditional rug hooking.
5. The Lawton Gallery inside Imperial Theatre - Comedy Show in the Capitol Bar. Two shows 7:00 & 9:00 p.m. Art by Erin Percival
6. Sarnia Legion - The Borderlite Trio - Music and dancing from 8:00 pm until midnight
7. revelree - Marty Oblak & Phil Young 8:30 - 10:30 p.m. - DJ Phatfingers 11 p.m. - 2 a.m. -$3 Cover (no cover before 8 PM)
8. Zzas Pizza Bistro - Mike Blackmore 7 - 9 p.m.
9. One Tooth - Live music 7-9 p.m. with Demi Krall - Photography on Canvas from Cassidy Crowe
10. Ups n' Downs - live music - ALEX SHIER 9:00 p.m.
11. Lawrence House Centre for the Arts - Flora and Fauna - The Sarnia Photographic Club Annual Exhibition. Jean Poole and Gina Robertson A Mother/Daughter Art Exhibition
Info about the Lambton Food & Film Festival
12. Vanilla Bean - live entertainment 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
13. Refined Fool - Cathy Earle will be exhibiting her new Watercolor Series during the month of April
14. Come Unity - An exhibition of wall art featuring Francis & Corynne Martin!