Members of the Sarnia Police Service Vice Unit were conducting an investigation regarding a suspect that was alleged to be in possession of a number of firearms illegally.
On January 26, 2022, Vice officers conducted surveillance of the suspect and had requested a search warrant to search an address in the 100 block of Talfourd Street, in the City of Sarnia.
As the result of a traffic stop, that took place at approximately 9:30 PM, the suspect was taken into custody prior to the search warrant.
At approximately 9:55 PM, officers executed the search warrant at a residence in the 100 block of Talfourd Street. There officers located a significant quantity of ammunition as well as a sawed off, 12-gauge, pump action, shot gun, and a CO2 pistol converted to fire live .22 caliber rounds.
As a result of this investigation Richard Wallace Gray, 39 years of age, of Sarnia, faces the following charges:
· Careless storage of a firearm (two counts)
· Careless storage of ammunition (three counts)
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of a firearm, knowing its possession is unauthorized (two counts)
· Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition.
· Fail to comply with release order (five counts)
Gray remains in custody pending a bail hearing.