The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met via teleconference on June 23, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. regarding developments related to the COVID-19.
Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, confirmed that physical distancing is more important than wearing a mask to battle COVID-19. However, if you find yourself in a situation where physical distancing is not possible, a mask may be considered useful.
We would like to remind everyone to continue practicing individual public health safety measures as many businesses, services, and public spaces reopen. This includes:
• Stay home when you are sick
• Use good hand hygiene
• Cover your cough or sneeze
• Practice physical distancing by remaining at least 2 meters (6 feet) apart
• Consider wearing a face covering or a mask when physical distancing is a challenge
• Follow all safety measures in place at businesses, services, and public spaces
Sarnia-Lambton is currently in Stage 2, working towards Stage 3 of the Framework for Reopening our Province.
Throughout the pandemic, stay up to date with the City’s latest response efforts by frequently checking https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/. Please visit the City’s website www.sarnia.ca, Facebook, and/or Twitter for additional updates.
As of 9:30 a.m. on June 23 the SPCG can report that:
Test Results Received (as per last available daily update)
Percent of Test Results Positive
Number of Related Deaths
Current Active Outbreaks
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
Total number of complaints and inquiries received
Total number of emails received
Total number of phone calls received
Total number of fines issued
Lambton Public Health
· If you are in distress do not go to an Assessment Centre. Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
· If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, please self-isolate and use the Ontario Self-Assessment Tool to determine if you need to seek further care.
· Local COVID-19 testing information is available online: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/
· To view detailed reports of COVID-19 cases in Lambton County visit: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/summary-of-covid-19-cases-in-lambton-county/
For further information, please contact:
City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline
email@example.com or 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642) or 519-332-0932
City of Sarnia, Customer Service
firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-332-0330 ext.3131