On the evening of April 6, 2021, members of the Sarnia Police Service Vice Unit were conducting surveillance regarding a male from out of town, who was alleged to be trafficking fentanyl in the City of Sarnia.
After having observed the suspect involved in an alleged drug deal, and once safe to do so, officers conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle in question at approximately 9:10 PM in the area of Mandaumin Line and Michigan Line with the assistance of Community Patrol officers.
Once officers stopped the vehicle, three occupants were arrested. As an officer attempted to handcuff the one male suspect, who was from out of town, he broke free and began to run from the officer. After a brief foot pursuit the officer was able to grab a hold of the suspect who continued to resist and fight with the officer. During the struggle a hand gun was observed underneath the suspect. Fortunately, control was gained over the suspect and he was handcuffed and taken into custody.
A male and a female, that were in the vehicle, were also arrested.
Upon completing a search of the vehicle and the accused parties, officers located the following:
1) 7.75 grams of fentanyl with a street value of $3875
2) 512 grams of crystal methamphetamine with a street value of $51,200
3) 1.5 grams of cocaine with a street value of $180
4) 1.2 grams of crack cocaine with a street value of $144
5) Airsoft handgun
Street value of seized drugs is approximately $55, 399
The firearm that the suspect had on his person during the struggle was determined to be a 45 calibre, Gen 4, Glock 21. The hand gun had one round in the chamber and five other rounds in the magazine.
The suspect that ran from the police is from Hamilton and 17 years of age. In accordance to Youth Criminal Justice Act the suspect’s name cannot be mentioned. He is, though, facing the following charges:
1. Six counts of failing to comply with release
2. Three counts of failing to comply with sentence
3. Two counts of trafficking a controlled substance
4. Use firearm while committing an offence
5. Careless storage of a firearm
6. Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
7. Carrying a concealed weapon
8. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
9. Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
10. Possession of a loaded restricted firearm
11. Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order
12. Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
13. Resist Peace Officer
14. Escape lawful custody
Clinton Dwayne Bressette, 45 years of age, of Kettle and Stoney Point, was charged with two counts of possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking.
The third person charged was a Veronica Monique Ayala, 24 years of age, of Sarnia, who faces two counts of possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of trafficking, and one count of possession of a controlled substance.
All three suspects have been held for a bail hearing.